The Christmas Tree Maze
The challenge: Light up the star at the top of the Christmas tree. To complete
this task, you must drag the bar of lights at the bottom of the tree along
the maze of white wires until one of the end bulbs lights up the star at
the top. Any move is legal, as long as all three bulbs stay in contact
with the white wires at all times. (See below for more instructions.)
- All three lights must stay in contact with the white wires at all
- To move the bar in a simple translation movement, grab the middle point
- To rotate the bar or make any other type of twisting motion, grab the bar
by one end and drag the end in the direction you want to rotate.
- You can only drag the bar one direction at a time. To change directions,
let go of the bar and then drag in the new direction.
The shortest solution is 39 moves. The dog is there to prevent unauthorized shortcuts.
- Undo a move - press U or click the undo arrow in the lower right.
- Redo a move - press R or click the redo arrow in the lower right.
If you're having trouble with this maze, you might want to work your way through the
Dry Cleaner mazes first.
Puzzle and applet copyright 2002 by James W. Stephens
More information on how PuzzleBeast puzzles are created.
Sent comments to
Back to the PuzzleBeast page